Your drone can go into different flight modes that we will now be exploring.
Different flight modes have different features. We will be exploring the following flight modes:
- Purely manual flight control via the RC controller.
- Does not require GPS lock
- Will have to adjust the throttle stick quite a bit to maintain level altitude
- Same as STABILIZE, only now the flight controller will attempt to self level at the desired altitude
- As in ALT-HOLD, the flight controller will attempt to lock the drone at the desired altitude sensed by the RC controller
- It will also attempt to lock the drone in LAT and LON as well.
- So you can manually fly the drone around, but when you center all of your RC sticks, the drone will attempt to stay in that place
- This mode requires GPS lock
- Very important flight mode.
- Once triggered, the drone will simply attempt to land on the ground.
- Once it lands, the props will stop spinning
- You should always have this or RTL flight modes as the last flight mode (6th flight mode)
- Similar to LAND, but the drone will fly to the HOME waypoint before landing.
- The HOME waypoint is where the drone was first armed
- You should always have this or LAND flight modes as the last flight mode (6th flight mode)